Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #11
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wotcha TD, welcome back ....

just to be clear it is clearly Canon Tolkien that not ALL eagles were good or noble like Gwaihir and the eagles of the North ... as to mind reading ...well thats what my post was about: explaining things about the guilds and the eagles' (so far) very limited and in no way controversial part thus far...

Earniel
Quote:
but I now clearly see that I was on the wrong track with trying to adhere to canon overmuch. Silly me for trying that in an AU-game.

So don't mind me any more. Do carry on.
I'm sorry but that really does sound incredibly sarcy, anyway ... you do not need to be a mind reader since you asked the question and i at length posted here in the discussion thread the reasons as i saw them that so far at least there was no problem.

Also regarding eagles, unless you wish to argue it is 100% Canon tolkien that ALL eagles ALL the time are "lawful" or "good" etc ... then it is clearly not an isuue as it is canon that not all eagles were ....

Above you complain you are not a mind reader, YET this is this after my long post explaining my thoughts for you, what more do you want?

1. it is not canon that ALL eagles are noble or good
2. the eagles have done nothing out of character anyway IF they are lawful??? they do not know of nazgul and the wolves they are honour bound to help as guild members

So, yes i do think we try to adhere to canon as much as we can .... and we do mind you, very much, else why would i bother replying?

as for Au that was a throw-away after thought in that post ... though still true: we do of course make alterations: the point is just how we get the balance right .... and you had a fair point seeking clarification on the eagles ... hopefully i have explained how my writing of them does not yet at least in anyway shake that balance ... and that i am aware of the need to keep the balance as best we can ...

at least now you all will be clear thus far what the eagles are doing there and not therefore form many varied individual differing concepts of them ....

now the guilds are largely neutral in terms of good and evil and generally they avoid interaction with humans, elves etc, living in parrallel worlds, although some observe the goings on ... and some do interact .... within the guilds you have those of various persuasions ...the wolves are on the side of the orcs and nazgul ... the eagles may well be "lawful" - or it all prefer, rogue ...

but at this point this has not been decided and so far nothing has been written that causes any problems on this score .... but feedback on the eagles is always welcome.

thanks Lotesse, BTW ...