Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

R*an, wandering in the memories that the mere scent of Valandil had brought back with such force, suddenly came back to the present when she realized that Valandil was asking her a question about Eriador and what parts she had been in. So they talked, and danced, and talked some more - but on R*an's side, always with a bit of her mind on her father, which made her feel unconsciously closer to Valandil. Her body followed her mind's lead, unintentionally giving Valandil some very interesting signals, which, in his drugged state, were extremely invigorating, to say the least.

Suddenly, amid their dancing, Rian stopped and took a half-step back, saying, "Oh my!", for she had just felt something that she had most definitely NEVER felt when in her father's arms...

"Pardon me," responded Valandil. "This sword is rather unwieldy for dancing with, but I hold it dear as a connection with my father." He reached down to adjust the sword.

R*an may have been a nookie* rookie, but she had had her little talk with her mother, and she had NOT been born yesterday by any means, and knew that it was most definitely not the sword that she had felt against her body.

"Milady," said the King, looking deeply into Rian's eyes and straining to keep the embarrassment from his face. "I doubt that Elven feet would tire... but would it be uncomfortable for you to continue this dance?" and he drew her closely against himself once more.

Rian, seeing the troubled look in his face and hearing the stiffness of his voice replied tenderly, "Let us dance, Oh High King." They continued dancing, but this time just a little farther apart, and with a bit more constraint between them. Valandil, looking down at his partner, discretely admired the rosy color that had sprung into her cheeks. "I better stop and change partners after this dance", he thought, "or every tongue in Tharbad will be wagging!" But he didn't want to stop - that is, until he caught sight of Eärniel coming back inside from the gardens ...

He shook himself mentally and applied himself more vigorously to sword-management ...

* [ooc] "Nookie" is a word in the dialect of Gondolin, derived from [Q] "No-", beget, and [Q] "Kay", lie down.

Those words are actually in Tolkien's entymologies!! I kid you not!!
(well, Nookie isn't, but the rest are!!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-21-2005 at 04:51 PM.