Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #11
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

aye, TD is coming into his own.

will khamul and Ai both think he (UDU) has devised this interuption / potential polite confrontation himself?? what are the differing implications to both players?

The khamul mind probe and arch-chancellor's message, were well handled TD

Nice set up there CS

Gor: i can see no real reason to have Valandil edit it ... for one thing we now know it was Khamul that 'suggested' marty ask about the ring ... he must have seen a plain ring on Val's hand any number of times ... .. surely the High King has many... it was an exciting moment with no rpg problems that i can see.

where is the problem???

Sure, i agree on the "silence'' either edit it or have it as Mr O ... but ONLY to do so, so as it does not ridicule the morgul lord's character ... you must remember we know of his character in deeper depth from the future (the once and future king, almost ) i.e. his development in the fellowship and it's discussion thread, not all here have read that:

he is ultimately calculating and can be patient, he weighs things to a nicety, and would not risk exposure by shouting "silence, he reads " when the very reason for this is that the subject of the mind probing IS reading: therefore an incredibly niave and stupid shout from all angles of viewing: also one that implies a deliberate and team effort...

ergo: NOT a shout from the Morgul Captain.

other than that i think it all can stand ... everyone has worked it in rather well and it is all good!

EDIT

A BAD mistake Greywolf, have your Buzzard try to kill a Lord of the Air, especially in front of so many witnesses, including the Lord of the squirrels and many GOP Owls.... not to mention hundreds of very excitable tortoises ...

I hope you have other characters, because the Buzzard is a goner, ere ten minutes will pass. The whole of the Guild of predators of Tharbad will defend one of their lords ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-14-2005 at 05:02 PM.