Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #11
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Maethor had been standing by himself at the reception when two unknown females approached him. His eyes scanned over them, a tall blonde wearing what he considered rather a strong shade of orange, and the other, a plump brunette who had chosen to wear green. To be careful, he quickly scanned their thoughts. He found both their minds filled with constant chatter about gossip, gowns and jewels, but mostly about prospective husbands and the king. He looked over their thoughts for anything that might be interesting to him. He found little, until this thought about Lady Aiwendis flashed across his mind: "...and she will introduce us to the King!" "They might prove useful," he thought, "in obtaining information."

"I am delighted to meet both of you!" he said, bowing. "I am Professor Maethor and I teach Siege Tactics. Now to your questions. To answer yours, Miriel, I am alone because I know few people in the city. Malaphel, I am not from Annuminas."

He grinned at both of them. "I would be highly honored if two such charming ladies as you would show me about the city tomorrow. I would like to see every landmark, every place of interest, any place you would care to show me. I am interested in purchasing a house here in the city. Perhaps, should you know of any for sale, you might guide me to that. I would be very grateful for all the assistance you could give me."

He guarded his mind tightly, and thought, "Yes, you trusting, silly girls, all the assistance you could give me."

He considered the other question about Lady Aiwendis. Recalling their first meeting in Tharbad that afternoon and the unpleasantness with Khamul, he thought it would be better to say little. "The Lady and I have not been formally introduced. Since you are her best friends, perhaps you would be so good as to introduce us. If you would be so kind, I would be forever in your debt," he said, turning on his best charm.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 10-13-2005 at 05:09 PM.