Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #12
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by olorin hamfast
What I do know is there is no such thing as an athiest evolutionist: the two ists cancel each other out.
So if you're an atheist, you can't believe in evolution? Then what do you believe in?
Quote:
Creationism is unfortunately the booby prize for people with closed minds. Sorry forthat one, but its true. Creationism is for sentimentalists who like the idea that the earth was made in 7 days. Im sorry again, its just not FEASIBLE.
Ok, you're talking about literal fundamentalist creationism. I am NOT a literal fundamentalist. I make no assumptions about the length of creation. BTW...if you're talking about a deity, is there such a thing as non-feasible?
Quote:
You just like calling people atheist or something and you dont like athiests.
The reason I brought up atheism is to distinguish atheistic evolution from theistic evolution. The two are inexonerable and totally anathema to each other.
Quote:
It is a convenient mistake and now a lie designed to allow the scripture to continue
How does it allow scripture to continue? Doesn't scripture continue on its own.
And please cut the ad hominem arguments.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote