Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viniglaen's Gift to Lilly

Before she headed for Lilly's boudoir, Viniglaen stopped at her own room. First, she went to her secret hiding place and retrieved one of the diamonds she'd gotten that morning, a huge, almost flawless 40 karat canary diamond. Then she went to her window and opened it, and leaning out, she called for Lomi.

"Phwit! Phwit! Lomi, you out there?" she called, and a great annoyed flutter could be heard from the top of the cedar tree.

"Pwi-"

"YES, yes, I'm coming, whoot-whit, I'm coming," answered Lomi the Large Eyes, and in she flew, all clumsy agitated ruffling with a funny little grumpy look on her face. "I was GOING to go out for supper just now, but anyway," grumbled Lomi.

"Oh, Lomi," laughed Viniglaen, "I shan't keep you from your supper long! We're going out together right now, but before we do there's some important people I want to introduce you to."

Lomi climbed onto Viv's back, and the two of them went to Lilly's room.

Penny was lying on top of the covers on the bed, smoothing Lil's forehead and hair, and speaking real low to her, sweet words no doubt.

Viv closed the door behind her, and came up to Lilaenwen, holding the flowers before her, the diamond behind her back.

"Look, Lil, look what Raendil has brought for you," she said as she handed the beautiful bouquet to Lilly.

"What - an owl? You brought me - an owl, well, that's so sweet of you Viv but what am I going to do with an owl?"

"NO -" Viv checked herself, lowering her voice, "No, not the owl, THESE," she said, slightly shaking the flowers.

Lil gasped. "OH, Morgul vale blooms!" she exclaimed, and her whole face lit up with happiness. "OH, look Five, look what she brought me! OH!" Lil buried her face in the bouquet.

"I said RAENDIL, Ray brought them for you, but I brought you -" Viv dramatically, slowly presented the diamond, "THIS!"

"Wow," said Five-Pengolod, but Lil was rendered momentarily mute. Her eyes grew as large as the diamond itself. She handed Pen the flowers, and slowly took the stone, turning it in her hand.

"I don't know what to say," said Lil.

"Then don't say anything," responded Viv, "Just get better quick, O.K.? You had me SO SCARED seeing you like that. SO scared. I never want to lose you, Lilaenwen."

Lomi hopped off Viv's shoulder and perched herself on the top of Lil's end bedpost, and Viv went over to the other side of the bed to sit next to Lil for a moment. She half-layed next to her, and kissed her on the forehead.

"Now that Penny's here to take care of you, and I know you're O.K., I'm going out for a little while with Ray, and- oh, I forgot to introduce you to Lomi."

"Of course, nobody mind me," Lomi piped up, much to Penny and Lil's amusement.

"This is Lomi, my new totem and companion," announced Viv. "Lomi, meet Lilaenwen and Pengolod, my family."

Lomi bowed her head regally. "How do you do," she said, in her funny owl accent, her eyes half closed in a look of dignified long-sufferance.

"Why very well, thank you," answered the delighted Lilly.

"Now, we've got to get going, " said Viv, getting up from the bed and putting her arm out, indicating to Lomi to climb on. "But when I get back later on, Pen, I need you to fill me in on what went down today. For now, just take care of my sister, as you always do, and I'll be back in a few hours."

"Ohhh, yes, you KNOW I'll take care of her just right," he answered, giving Lilly a little tickle underneath her beautiful bosom, making her giggle.

"Oh - one more thing, before I forget - you guys, I know I don't really have to say this, but just to be sure, please don't let anyone know you got this diamond from me. Keep it a secret, for now. Especially from Khamul. He will not understand, will he?"

At the mention of Khamul, Lilly tensed and her face became clouded over again with the memory of her anguish. Penny's face became dark with suppressed rage. They both nodded assent, though, and with that, Viniglaen left them alone to have their time together. 'Poor Penny,' thought Viv. 'I bet it just kills him to be unable to confront Khamul about his cruelty toward his love.'

"Ready to go?" asked Ray.

"Yep," said Viv, grabbing her cloak on the way out the door. "Let's go."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe