Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2002, 05:19 AM   #1
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Why didn't Elros' children get the choice?

All 3 of Elrond's children ( It was 3...right? ) seemed to have been given the choice, yet to my knowledge none of Elros' children were given the choice. It seems a little unfair to me

Was it this way so as to tie 'loose ends'? The 3 Houses of Men had to get Númenórë up and running and maybe if Elros' children had been given the choice as to which kindred they wished to belong to it may have complicated things? ( especialy is they'd all chosen to belong to the 1st born )

Was there a diferent reason?
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote