Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #11
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

An uneasy thought passed through the mind of Khamûl soon after the others had left the house. A kind of disturbance as if something out of place had arrived. Guessing, but still unsure of what he had felt he left the house in search for the Chancellor, heading first for the game.
After five minutes walk he arrived at the stand. After telling security who he was he entered. He saw a few figures running about the field but nothing was happening except a few birdcalls from the Tharbad team. Seeing the Chancellor was nowhere to be seen he quickly left, wishing to avoid the mob leaving the ground. Quickly he made for the University, hoping to find the Chancellor there.
After another five minutes walk he arrived no the University grounds and soon found the Chancellor.
"My Lord," said Khamûl. "I have felt something strange. As if someone was arriving who ought not be here."
"You were correct Lord Khamûl," replied the Chancellor. "Udu has arrived. I know not why yet, but I trust you have a guess. He is at in the end chamber of my guests dwellings."
Whilst making his was towards the Professers apartments Khamûl spotted Gordis walking around the gardens. As he was about to call for her she quickly walked into the block of apartments. Quickly following her he noticed that she to was heading for Udu's apartment. Hanging back wishing to know what urgent business she had with him and wishing not to be seen or felt, he closed his minds thoughts. As he arrived outside Udu's door he heard the two of them deep in conversation.
"I chanced to meet Khamûl near the Gladden Fields. He was none too glad to see me, I think. When he left, I followed him. Of course, I am sure that he knew I was following him, but I guarded my thoughts and purposes quite well. He went west and after days of following him, I guessed what might be his destination. When he drew on towards the city, I rode into a grove of trees. He does not know for a certainty I was following him, surely. Maybe he thinks I went among the trees to rest and then continued on my journey elsewhere, north perhaps," he heard Udu saying.
'Fool. He guards his purposes not well enough anymore,' thought Khamûl. At this point Udu stopped feeling something, but smiled and continued.
After a few more minutes of hearing Udu's ramblings a distant scream broke out which Khamûl recognised almost immediatly.
"What in the name of Melkor was that?" said Udu's voice from inside.
"Lady Lilaewen," said Khamûl, walking through the door suddenly. "So I was right you did follow me. You learned to hide your thoughts well, yet I have improved since our last meeting. I can now read your mind like a book."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230