Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #29
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

My grandpa was in the Navy in World War II and had a special assignment in the "green paint" division. He and his platoon (or whatever you call it) would spread green paint on top of the ocean where they suspected enemy submarines were. The submarines would rise to the surface and the paint would cover their periscopes, so they thought they were still underwater. They would rise straight up into the air, and then my grandpa and his friends would just shoot them down with anti-aircraft weapons.

My dad always tells people this story with a very straight face (how I envy his ability to keep one!) and very seriously, as if he's about to tell them how my grandpa died or something. Sometimes they actually believe him...

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote