Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #30
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
Yes, in your opinion. I prefer the Springfield.I disagree..
FINE- this is a IMO thread unless you quote someone else. I am making my choices based upon current availability to the general public and not necessarily historical comparissons.

Quote:
A .45 ACP will stop better than a 9mm most likelyYes, for an average person. .
Again ammunition will compensate for cartridge size. Many law enforcement and military studies have validated the 9mm with the proper ammo.

Quote:
From my personal experience, it is easy to compensate for the up & right. .
Then you have a similar background to myself as the T.MG is illegal and not available for over forty years to the general public. It's unfair to even mention it in a discussion with the general posters as they may not even know what it looks like.

Quote:
Oh, and if its home defense we're talking, like I said, a shotgun Remington 870 Express to be exact... speaks the best..
Again, we agree but I prefer not to splatter the insides of my house with the insides of an intruder. A shotgun with large shot is good to have but a handgun is usually easier to handle, to hide and to use for most people with a little practice. What's the use of having a shotgun if you're going to blow up your piano and only scare the burglar

Quote:
Basicly you can argue the pros and cons of every gun, and it really boils down to ones preference.
Absolutely, almost. I advise finding a weapon you are comfortable using; i.e. holding and shooting; and then practice a bit every so often so that you can hit your target. Most shootings are within 15' and closer so you don't need to be an "annie oakley" to use a gun for self defense.

..........certified advanced pistol instructor S&W and former range officer.

Last edited by Spock : 09-19-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote