Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #11
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Marty was hanging around Ray and a few ball players in the corner, talking about whether or not the game had been cancelled. "Look, even the altheletes needed to be sorted into classes. I am sure the game was rescheduled for some time in the first quarter, once things and schedules are under way!" Ray was also a very decent ball player and had something of a stake in playing the game as well. "I hope so....You guys are probably right." He seemeed much relieved at his fellow player's explination. Just then the page at chancellor's door boomed out "Marthalion of Arnor".

Flashing a grin to his buddies, he straighten his tunic and schooled himself into the cool court demeanor that befitted one of his station. He stood tall and strode to the office, opened the door and closed it behind him. He turned around and bowed to the chancellor, "Greetings Milord Chancellor." He looked evenly at the ice-lord, trying not to avert his one good eye.

"Well met, Marthalion. Take a seat." Marty bowed his head, still not quite used to having his full name announced. He mustered all the grace he possed and took a seat at the chair indicated. It seemed the chancellor's gaze effectively pinned him to the seat. "so, you would wish to take these classes?"

"Yes, Lord Ilmenzor. I wish to take defensive building 210, seige tactics 117, philosophy 210, Wine tasting, Sword Smithing 325 and Commerce. If that is all well."

Ilmenzor looked as though he were scanning Marty, and Marty keenly felt the power of this nobleman across from him. Whew! And to think Val is related to him! I dont want to be either man's enemy. especially when Val developes his powers further! He already gives me one hell of a time. I hope I can get these classes, especially commerce. Val needs some protection from all those ladies...."

The chancellor leaned back and seemed fairly amused. "It seems that the commerce class is by far perhaps the most sought after... and what you are choosing is quite the course load. Very well, you may take those classes"

Oh thank the Vala!

With a nod, Marty knew he was dismissed. He rose, bowed again and headed to the door. Once he was out, he was pleased to note that neither his voice nor he had shaken or gone weak, intense though the short interveiw was. He walked over to the refreshment table and poured himself some champaign, and made his way over to his friends.

"Well how was it?" Ray was interested.

"Well, put it this way: I know how the fish feel once they've been fried! And val gives us little battles when he tries his mind bending stuff on us, this fellow blew me away...."

"Good lord, and to think that we are going to have to see him for every registration!" Ray whislted.

It took a while and finally Ray's name was called. He straightened up, looked resolute and ready for mental battle. He too came back slightly shaken after a period of time, Marty grinned at him. "See what I mean?" Ray nodded, poured himself a drink and smiled wainly. "no kidding....But I got all my courses, almost the same as you save that I have ship-building as opposed to your Defensive structures. As well as picking up a spare jewlers class." Marty then took notice of a rather distressed looking Lilly, he nudged Ray and nodded towards her.

"She doesn't look to pleased...I wonder how her audience went?"

"Perhaps we should go and ask?" To them, it seemed the wisest course of action, and they brought an extra drink for Lily. "Lily, You dont look to well, is everything alright?"
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 09-30-2005 at 11:44 PM.