Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
(and Lotesse - I'm sure Lief wasn't patronizing you, altho I can see how you took it that way - he wasn't saying that you couldn't follow his train of thought, he was saying that he thought you wouldn't wish to, and he's prob. right, right?)
That is in fact what I meant. I totally didn't perceive the other way my words could be interpreted . . . sorry for being so terribly unclear, Lotesse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
I was trying to show you how lack of belief does not necessarily imply that existence is pointless: if anything, it's the other way around because it's up to us as individuals to do what's right
I'm afraid you haven't succeeded. I don't understand . From your post, all I was getting was a gently written confrontation of religion, and a claim that meaning in life is subjective. Am I missing something? How is existence meaningful, do you think? Perhaps you'll need to elaborate to get through to me.

Gautama Siddharta will have to wait for a response until I get back from college.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote