Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2005, 06:05 AM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Well RÃ*an, both options are good enough for me. I have no objections to option 1 because, since the Elves have no kingdoms after the Last Alliance, royalty is of little consequence. After the death of Gig-galad the Elves have no kings to rule their realms. Instead they have lords and ladies, who are often of a royal line, but don't assume the title of king.

Elrond is a prime example: son of Eärendil, the great-grandson of Turgon of Gondolin. After Gil-galad died he would have been rightfully King. He didn't take that role but made his own abode in Rivendell where he ruled, but not as king. Not even Galadriel, the oldest and most powerful noldo, assumed the title of Queen.

So I don't think RÃ*an's royal inheritage wouldn't be a big issue. She wouldn't be worshipped, since that's not what Elves do, but she would indeed be welcome with open arms everywhere should her lineage be known. But if she desires to wander instead of settle down and start a realm of her own, she won't be leading or ordering people around. I also doubt the Elves would forbid her to wander alone in the wild if that were her choice.

Of course, option 2 is also good. And if you still want to throw in the occasional reference to great-great-ect-uncle Fëanor, maybe you can make a little family connection to him if you're dropping your relationship to Tuor. Maybe by being a relative through Nerdanel?

So hey, it's all your choice.