FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2005, 06:43 AM   #11
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Good post, Val.
Only I doubt that a bartender or a servant would be admitted to the University. I think, it was for nobles only. ME is not a democratic place, not at all. Neither was Numenor. Of course, it is just my thought, I have nothing to prove my POV...
Just throwing in some touches of 'modern culture' into this setting... like a University that's considered a 'party school' - or 'tabloid press', ready to write all kinds of crazy rumors about the royals - and maybe a few other things.

In ME, I don't think we even see evidence of anything like universities, etc. - so I was just taking it step further to introduce someone 'working their way through'.

OK - looks like I missed a little craziness and tension - and when I hopped on last night, it was only for a few moments, because the kids were demanding my attention almost as much as you guys. I have to leave real soon now too. But I hope we've all started to iron things out.

CS - can you accept things with the retractions that Lief has made?

Lief - I missed your edited posts - but for now, things are still going peacefully at Tharbad - and I think a Nazgul call - even if it was weak, and outside the city, and in a language nobody but Nazgul understood - would set the whole town on edge. And there are probably plenty of 'war veterans' around who WOULD recognize it for what it was. For now, Nazgul and the rest of us are interacting - and the rest of us don't have a clue. After something like that, we Men and Elves would start looking for anything suspicious (right now... they have us where they want us ). (EDIT: and if he IS a Balrog - the one in Moria is due to sleep undisturbed for another 1931 years - and has no clue about the Ring or Ringwraiths)

Oh - and no, I don't think any orcs would venture into the world of Men or Elves or Dwarves in ME... they'd be shot on sight.

Rian - I think you got much of the summary right. Gordis is also due to bring in another Nazgul soon. Funny... I had been hoping the non-Nazguls would outnumber the Nazguls (like about 2 to 1 - or even 3 to 2) - but we're really getting swamped by Nazguls - and have a potential Balrog or Blarog or Barlog at the gates!

*joins in the tickling of CS* (EDIT: WHoops... TICKLING it is! )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 09-10-2005 at 07:01 AM.