Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #11
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Ray and Marty had yet to see where the red head Lily dissapeared. Marty, being the quicker of the two (and the one more into the Be-Buxomed woman) got out of his seat and yanked Ray up as well.

"What on earth?! Ray, you saw what I think I saw?" Ray and Marty had darted to the corner nearest the door. Ray was still scanning the crowd for the redhead.

"Friend, I think I saw what you didn't. I think that redhead lifted the pockets of that sailor as a distraction." Marty nodded his head to the departing sailor, with whom the landlord was bickering and waving a menacing looking club at.

"I dont know about the pickpocketing part, but I do know that the woman Dissapeared! Just plain gone! Where did she go?"

"Now how do you expect me to know? She went invisible, that means you cant see her or where she goes. Wait, there she is, she fainted!"

Marty shoved Ray in annoyance, for in truth, he wasnt all to pleased that they had hesitated and not rescued the woman outright. That and having failed to miss Lily's bit of fainting. "Well, that was a golden opportunity as any to get acquainted with said woman...Stay here, I am going to go help her up and see if she is alright."

The attention of the denizens of the bar had shifted to the impending fight between the landlord, the sailor and the cut throats they had first noticed. Marty made his way over to where Lily lay sprawled, Ray taking a lookout should trouble break out.

"uhm, Madam? Are you alright?" He asked as he knelt next to her.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.