Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #40
Acran Mern

Wow... and the poor guy just wanted to discuss methods Seriously though, I'd have to agree with some of the points both sides are putting forth. I completely agree that it is wrong to kill animals for fun. Not only is it barbaric, it's wasteful. On the other hand, I don't find hunting for food to be any more inhumane than breeding an animal just so you can fatten it up and _then_ kill it. At least the deer/bear/turkey/rabbit has a fighting chance. In that same spirit, I applaud those who hunt with a bow over a gun. Gives the prey more of a chance. (Personally, I prefer cutting down trees with an axe over a chainsaw for the same reason. Weird huh? ) There's also hunting of predators who go after livestock. I keep chickens and have no compunction against killing an animal to protect them. I usually try to refrain from doing so to a neighbor's pet (for obvious reasons) but I can't make a raccoon's owner lock him up better.
Those who believe that human's are evil for killing animals at all obviously have not spent enough time studying nature. We eat meat for a reason. It is a living picture of the sick twisted world in which animals eat other animals. Death is part of our world now, to deny that is foolish.