Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #18
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

We lost tens of thousands of soldiers in Vietnam. Al'Qaeda- it is on the run. It truly would have to be "God-willing" for Al'Qaeda to be able to kill tens of thousands of our people now.

I expect that in time, this terrorism in the name of Islam problem will get worse rather than better, simply because the terrorists will keep multiplying. At a future time, perhaps such threats will carry dark and terrible weight (though I might add that Pres. Bush and the other country leaders that are taking a stand against terror are doing a very, very good job in postponing that time). Al'Qaeda, however, at this time, is not even remotely close to capable of delivering on such threats as Al-Zawahri has just made.

I am very proud of how President Bush is leading our country in confronting terror. The operations in Iraq and Afghanistan were highly successful, and I am frustrated by the Americans throughout the United States who continue to demand instant results, and who look at the problems that remain in these countries while refusing to acknowledge the massive achievements that reconstruction have brought to the country. Many of the problems that still exist existed before the U.S. arrived, also.

When watching the presidential debates between Pres. Bush and Senator John Kerry, it seemed to me that Mr. Kerry didn't have much to add either, to what President Bush has been doing in fighting terror. He seemed to be saying that he'd do exactly what Bush was doing, only "better".

Perhaps now you have an idea on where I stand . I'm a Republican Conservative Christian, to use labels . "Operation Iraqi Freedom" is one that I would willingly fight in, if called.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-05-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote