Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 AM   #1
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Zaq1

ZAQ1--Go here to read the story!

Anyway, this is a SciFi story I began writing as a class assignment, which was basically filling up three pages of lined paper with just about anything (As long as it was about something). Rather than doing three pages of lined paper, it filled up three and a half pages of a microsoft word document.
I turned in the incomplete (hadn't even got past the beginning) document, full of fatal errors and got an A+. Seeing the potential of this story, I kept it handy, and continued with it: it was the first story I didn't feel like throwing away. In three days it grew to 10,000 characters (as in text), and then it slowed a little but still kept going, growing from 10,000 characters with spaces to almost 22,000 in three weeks, getting to 21 thousand and 9 hundered something earlier today. And despite doubling in size, I have not yet even passed the beginning.
I am quite confident that I will be writing this story for a long time.

So far it has 4 chapters, but will continue to grow.

EDIT: the title is supposed to be in all caps: ZAQ1
EDIT 2: The temporary link has been deleted. Use the one at the top of the post.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 03-16-2006 at 12:50 AM. Reason: The title was supposed to be in all caps: ZAQ1
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote