Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

The internet - a playground for the ID or a mirror for the superego?

I have a dual citizenship. I am Canadian and a Netizen of the WWW. I spend a lot of time online, both for my business and my relaxation time. It's addictive, but why?

The internet is a playground for my ID. I can do anything, say anything, see anything on here. If I have a penceant for sex and nudity, the internet is there, if I want to dabble in perversions, there's always 1,000,000,000 p0rn sites. If I want to simulate rape, I can go to certain MUDS etc... violence, hate, food, sex, drugs, moremoremore. I can kill and die on here and my only limit is my imagination and the speed at which I can type!!!

The internet is also a mirror for my superego. Am I normal? Am I breaking any rules? Are there rules that should or should not be broken or bent. I can post here, or on any of the thousands of BBS's online, a topic of my choice, and get responces. Some responces come accross as sugar-coated plattitudes, others as outright attacks and excercises in minutae-management. I can then take it all in, find the median and call it 'normal', and then compare myself to it.

In either case, I consider the internet and sites like this one as a time-consuming and yet rewarding excersize in Freudian dynamics on a global scale.

Comments?
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote