Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

“The Beast out of the Sea”

My general Baarorg is “The Beast out of the Sea,” that Revelations talks about. He came by sea to the country the Rainbow Order commands, with his newly raised army. In Revelation, Chapter 13:1, the first beast comes out of the sea.

Revelations describes the beast as being very ferocious with multiple descriptions of him being similar to various monstrous animals.

Baarorg conquers everything in his path.

It is written in Revelation, “The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.”

Baarorg’s banner displays the head of a red dragon (complete coincidence- there was no red dragon in my story or plans for the future, at the point of that selection), and my plot already dictated that Baarorg would gain vast authority over the nations. My plot already planned that he would conquer Rainbow Order's nation and lead a great alliance that has dominion over most of the western part of the world.

“One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed,” is written in Revelations.

Baarorg had been severely wounded by the loss of his family and then crushed utterly by the defeat of his kingdom, in the past. He had been thrown into exile, having lost everything. However, in this book he was able to recover, and return in great strength. The fatal wound was healed.

“The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.”

Baarorg gains huge influence over the entire world.

“Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?”

No one can defeat Baarorg in any battle. No military general is like him in skill.

“The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.”

Here is a quote, something that Baarorg says at the end of Book 2.

“You do not know the true black villainy behind the Rainbow Order. You have not seen it first hand as I have. How could I have been so blind, before? They manipulate power over all the kingdoms.

“Maybe Darkagrin and Vaaldin and Merave are all wrong, but to me, they are freedom fighters. Other ways of doing magic than the Rainbow Order’s way are instantly suppressed. Their organization is corrupt at its heart. Many on the outskirts of the politics are unaware, often completely unaware, of how completely they are being manipulated to serve the Rainbow Order’s ends.”

Darkagrin, Vaaldin and Merave are principle villains of the story.

“He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them.

And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.”

Baarorg conquers the saints—the Rainbow Order. He defeats the hosts of the good main characters. He conquers the coalition of the good and makes them flee. By saying he is given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation (I only have one language in my book), it could be also pointed out along the same lines that Baarorg’s rule even takes power in the merkingdoms.

“He who has an ear, let him hear.”

Several prophets of Brell came out to speak to the people in the Rainbow Council before the battle began, and during it.

“If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed.”

Many main characters are captured or killed (as is true in most fantasy books, I am well aware ).

“This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.”

Definitely true of the characters of my book.

“The Beast out of the Earth”

“Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth.”

Here is a statement made by Baarorg. “Runetbar has long been deserted, but it will prove useful to us now. Indeed, a strong magical power is about to be brought there. It will then be transported to the Rainbow Castle. Vaaldin will go with it, and will help teach people the truth in the Rainbow Castle.” Runetbar is a land location in Elerev, and Vaaldin came by that way. I consider Vaaldin to be "the second beast."

“He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.”

Vaaldin appears to be one of the Rainbow Order. However, the evil god speaks directly through his mouth, as was particularly clearly shown in one of the scenes of Part 2. In that scene, the evil god literally speaks through his mouth to someone else, using Vaaldin like a human telephone.

“He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.”

Vaaldin was given an extremely high position by Baarorg because he served him faithfully, and used that authority on Baarorg's behalf.

“And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.”

The magical power of Vaaldin is far greater than that of almost any other wizard (as is commonly the case for the main baddie, I know). Vaaldin displays this power greatly in the Rainbow Order, to convince people to come and learn from the Flame of Pure Light. The Flame of Pure Light is the fire that falls from heaven. Vaaldin's Flame of Pure Light which he brought to the Rainbow Order is a powerful magical force, an extremely close parallel of "the fire that came down from heaven in the full view of men."

I actually didn't notice this parallel, about the fire from heaven that Vaaldin brought (even though it is an enormously critical part of the story- it's this fire from heaven that seduces the Rainbow Order!). My brother pointed it out to me, while we were talking about the parallels I'd found.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 04-13-2005 at 08:13 PM.