Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #11
The Wizard from Milan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
While you are so busy judging, I spend my life delivering the consequences of your "morality".
1. those are not the consequences of my Morality.
2. And I spend my life tring to mend the damages that your "morality" causes to LGBT youth (albeit I am only a volunteer and I am not a professional in that). And it very likely that siminar damages are made to heterosexual youth; I just don't have the occasion of dealing much with that.

Quote:
I spend my life delivering the consequences of your "morality". It may educate you to know that given the failure rates of the various birth control techniques used, and, primarily, the failure to use the techniques available to them and about which they know,
Babies are not the consequences of my Morality. Babies are either wanted or unwanted. If they are wanted, fine. If they are unwanted, they are the consequence of your "morality" or dis-information about contraceptives and abortion.

Quote:
Each of these patients stated that they knew that sex led to babies but none of them used any contraception. It is not the lack of education, it is the lack of will to do what must be done. "I didn't think it would happen to me" is a notoriously POOR form of birth control.
And how on earth you are attributing to me their unwillingness to use contraception? I don't think I know all of the factors leading to non-use of contraception, but my ethical position has nothing to do with it, while your pseudo-ethical is very likely to play some role.

Quote:
Given the rising rate of HIV infection homosexual males reported by the CDC, I'd say the same philosophy is resulting in increased transmissions.
For how grivious are the consequences of HIV, you have no business to enforce abstinence on the basis that it would slow down the transmission of HIV. Abstinence is one of the methods to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV, but it often fails, and you have to recognize that sexuality plays an important role in the development of youth as a person. A role that the abstinence propaganda trivializes. Actually, the abstinence-only education strigmatizes sexuality. I have no objection in just including in the list of things said to youth that if you don't have any type of sex the risk of sexual-trasmission of HIV is zero. Yet I strongly object to the present abstinence education.
As I said 1000 times, life is full of risks. I advocate strongly against taking usless risks, but I don't advocate to take no risk what so ever. As I said 1000 times there no way in life not to take any risk (a part from committing suicide).

Quote:
"If it feels good and is consensual"
You are just showing once more your mastery in twisting words. I never said "if it feels good...". I said that ethical Good is something that I feel in my heart, while you are attributing to me something that has to do with phisical sensations in the gonads.

Last edited by The Wizard from Milan : 04-04-2005 at 05:35 PM.
The Wizard from Milan is offline   Reply With Quote