Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2005, 06:15 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
And you believe that? Why do you believe that ANYONE lived almost a thousand years when NO scientific evidence supports people living a thousand years?

This is really quite ridiculous - you act like this is all fact and just should be accepted as such.
Lol. Yeah, I can see why you'd find that funny .

(Gets serious again) There is actually some evidence concerning the massive age span. I posted it for you once before. It takes up about a whole post though, so I don't know if I want to submit it again. I'm not sure it is worth it.
Quote:
It;s funy by the way - I had forgotten about that little part - that Adam, is said to have had seth - but then cain and Abel are left out of it.

BTW - Seth must have been a clone.
Why do you say that? Cain and Abel also aren't left out of it at all. They are just not mentioned by name. The scripture clearly says he had other sons and daughters. That would have included Cain, Abel, and their wives.
Quote:
That's because you seem to try to fit science into the bible - so you seem to be able to slightly interpret the bible differently so you don't face the contradictions. It says right there that god created all the plant types at ONE TIME - not over a space of any period. But he said "let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant, and fruit trees with seeds inside the fruit, so that these seeds will produce the kinds of plants and fruits they came from." It doesn't have to be the third day. But he supposedly said this in one sentece. It would lead one to believe - if the bible were to be true - that all the plants sprang forth at one time.
Not any more then that all the different sea creatures that ever have existed came into existence at one time. Though you could believe that it's saying that . I really think it's talking about phases of creation. This particular phase can go on for X number of years.
Quote:
BTW - you do realize that the REAL judgment day is when god comes down the second time. I seriously doubt anyone on this board would accept anyone claiming to be god today.
I have known Jesus for four years now. I don't think I would make a mistake. Also, I'm not really very concerned about it at all. Jesus said about his second coming that it would be like a lightning bolt. "As a lightning bolt lights up the sky from the east to the west, so shall my coming be." It will be impossible to miss, impossible to mistake.
Quote:
Yet you have no problem believing that someone in ancient times was god and you don't understand why others don't.
On the contrary. I fully understand you and others on this website not accepting Christ is God. It makes absolute sense to me.

Here is what Christianity means to me. Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP. Jesus Christ is KNOWABLE today. I capitalize in order to indicate the reality of what I'm talking about, that this is not Christian lingo but real experiences. Just as meeting you over Internet is a real experience, I can hear Jesus without hearing him with my physical ears or seeing him with my physical eyes. I have known him for four years, now. I have been a Christian for nineteen (since I was born). When he revealed himself to me, it was glorious. It changed a boy who was terrified that his religion was just belief and an empty shell into someone who knew the reality. I met Jesus. I didn't see him with his naked eyes at that first meeting (I hope to see Jesus with my naked eyes very soon), but I encountered him in such a way nevertheless that I was completely convinced, and still am. That was not the only experience of meeting Jesus. It happens frequently. Sometimes it happens more strongly and in a more special way then it does at other times.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."