Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Evidence for Evolution

Since I am not allowed to post in the "Evidence for Creationism and against Evolution" thread and because the subject matter was recently restricted - I figured we needed a thread that talked about evolution and why creationism is junk science.

SquintyEyedSouthern had posted something that was very good I thought on the Creationism only thread...

Quote:
http://www.entmoot.com/showthread.ph...486#post459486

All living things change over time. This can be proven with simple life forms in any lab in the world any day of the week. The reason last year’s flu shot is not helping you this year is because the flu virus has evolved. This kind of evolution can be demonstrated in any good lab. It is a fact not a theory.

The only thing a creationist can argue is that more complex life forms (which have much slower life cycles which are unobservable in real time) are somehow exempt from a phenomena that can be demonstrated to be true of those with faster cycles like germs viruses etc.The only problem is there is no evidence that any life form is exempt from this process. There is also a mountain of evidence in the fossil record which shows all kinds of transitional forms of all species of plant and animal life which would support the idea that complex life is not exempt.

The only opposition to evolution comes from people who have a conflicting view of the world based on a religious belief. There is no non-religeous opposition to evolution. That should tell you something.

Remember science is a method, not a belief.
Evolution is based solely on scientific research - while creationism requires the belief in god and does not fit into what the scientific evidence shows us.

I want to hear from people why they support evolution and disagree with creationism.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote