Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
Yazad
Enting

Bakshi Movie script question

Hello everyone!

I've been away for many months, but I've got a question or two I thought someone might be able to help me out with.

Now I hope I don't get massacred overmuch for this, but when walking out of the Jackson film for the first time the one thought in my mind was that I had a new appreciation for the Bakshi film. It's not that I didn't like the new version, I thought it was very good, but at the same time, Bakshi's version feels more like an artistic interpretation to me, while this feels more like a translation, if that makes any sense. Both are valid, certainly, and I enjoy both very much!

My questions are these: Does anyone know if a screenplay exists for Bakshi's version? Early drafts? What was included? Were there scenes animated which ended up getting cut? I've seen the film scores of times and I've recently seen cells which I don't remember seeing in the film. Plus I'd like to know what he had in mind. I've recently also read some interviews with him where he shines a bit of light on the production, but I'd like to know more. Does anyone know how much the film was budgeted for? How much it ended up costing?

Has a script of the Boorman version survived?

Anyway, I thank you all for your time. What a wonderful groop the Entmoot is to be sure!

Yazad
Yazad is offline   Reply With Quote