Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
HistoryGuy
Sapling

A Study of Beleriand

Not so long ago, I was inspired by a team of talented individuals to get my own copy of the History of Middle Earth, and along with some other good informational sources: David Day's "Characters from Tolkien" and Robert Foster's "Tolkien's World from A to Z: A Complete Guide To Middle Earth". With these at my disposal, I have begun to conceptualize a world for my own project. With this, I began on a design document, and sent it to the individuals who inspired me to get started on the study of the First Age of the Sun (specifically the region known as Beleriand). However, due to some possible legal implications with the group, I have expanded the project not to just the First Age of the Sun, but to include a portion of the rise of Valinor and the creation of Arda. So now the project begins with the creation of the Great Lamps. With this, the reader gets full knowledge of how and why the races of Elves, Men, Dwarves, and even the Dark Lord Morgoth, gets to be on Middle Earth. I am currently looking for talented individuals (who are able to commit +10 - +15 hours of a week to the project, as well as individuals who understand the concept of Game Design, or feel that they want to be an Essayist for the project).

And if I did not clear this part of the message, I've sent the Design Document (of what I have done) to the team of individuals to OK it, so we're capable of doing it. Even if there are some minor legal implications involved with the two projects. For more information, or if you are interested in joining, than please e-mail me: Historyguy917@aol.com

Thanks! (And later, I will post some information on what I began reading for this project).

EDIT: I forgot to include another Tolkien based literary source: The Silmarillion!

Last edited by HistoryGuy : 01-24-2005 at 07:34 PM.
HistoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote