Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2004, 06:50 PM   #21
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

FotR:

The Prologue. I recall sitting in the cinema, getting goosebumps as Sauron actually appeared on screen and handed out a bashing of note. His size and power blew me away. I'd struggle to think of a better way to open the trilogy.

When Gandalf confronts Bilbo about the ring. Again, goosebumps when he grows slightly, the room darkens, and those wood-creaking sound effects. In the back of my mind I knew Gandalf's true origins, and for a moment a slight part of his true majesty was displayed.

In the EE, when Frodo and Sam see the wood elves. The singing, music, and special effects made that an awesome, gut-wrenching scene.

When Gandalf falls and the remaining Fellowship exit the mountain and the hobbits are crying. Brilliant.

When Haldir brings them within sight of Caras Galadhon(sp). "The home of elvendom on Earth". Quite a strong declaration. Great scene.

In the TE, when the Fellowship minus one meets Celeborn and Galadriel. In fact, from when they are walking up the tree steps, right until when Galadriel says her "One who has seen THE EYE!!" the combination of lighting, music, and the knowledge of who these elves were, made it a magical scene. They messed up the timing of the music in the EE.

When the fellowship are sitting around in Lothlorien, listening to the lament to Gandalf. Twice a very strong note was sung, which, strangely, affected me quite a bit. So I downloaded the Lothlorien mp3. Listening to it now, and still feel it.

When Galadriel goes all gay. Goosebumps. Loved that scene.

The Argonath.

TT:

Saruman addressing his army, with a tear running down Grima's cheek. Wow.

RotK:

Pippin singing.

The Witch King flinging his mace at Eowyn.

Last edited by Andúril : 12-17-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote