Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2004, 04:27 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, I'm back! I've had a bit of rest, some lunch, and some hot tea by my side - and I'm ready to jump back into this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Yes... I do think God exists. Why have I not noticed God's presence in my life (in a more obvious way than God occurs in everyone's lives)? Beats me!
Well, after two or three attempts to get you to figure out the answer (which I think is by FAR the best way to come up with an answer), I guess I'll just give it to you : IMHO, the reason why you don't see transformation/God's presence in your life is *drum roll* because you aren't around Him! Look at what you're saying - you don't read the Bible, and you don't plan to get one until a year or so?! And you wonder why you don't notice God's presence? You goofball!

It's like saying, "I knew John Smith when I was younger, and I have great memories of him, and he really influenced me because he was really wise and good. I'd like to have him influence my life now, but I don't communicate with him at all, even tho I could at any time, and I just don't understand why he's not influencing my life anymore!"

Nurvs - if you really - REALLY - want to have your life touched in a powerful and great way by God, then it's up to you! Until we can see Him face to face, we need to read His word (consider it a love letter to you ) and pray. If you don't communicate with someone, they won't touch your life at all. My daughter hasn't touched your life, right? That's because you haven't ever talked with her.

If you DO decide to get a Bible and read it, then just ask God to speak to you thru its pages. He will. And pray! which is just talking with God - be totally honest, like "God, what a crummy day today! I'm so frustrated because I lost my temper again! Please help me to have more patience and understanding with that person!"

Anyway, again, it's totally up to you. As that verse in Revelation says, Jesus is standing at the door of your heart and knocking. IF you let Him in - IF - then He will be with you in a very real and transforming way.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!