Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2001, 02:58 AM   #1
hama

Now More Than Ever!

I have visited many boards since the movie came out. On any other board this post would probably be considered spam but thanks to Ben, this is essentially my board, or at least my portion of it so what the heck.

Now, more than ever, I am convinced that LotR can be brought to the stage successfully. I have seen the film four times now and revel in its beauty and power almost to the extent I do in reading the books. What strikes me as I visit Entmoot and other boards is that the comments revolve around relatively "small" elements of the story. "A favorite line..." "A favorite moment..." and they are invariably about a particular instance or performance. all things that can absolutely be brought to the stage and given great power through good acting and music.

I admit that length will be a major stumbling point. I have little more time than FotR to tell all of the story of LotR...at which I will fail miserably. I know everyone, including myself, is too excited about the movies to really care about a musical version that may or may not get produced, but now, more than ever I see this show in my mind and hear it in my heart. I thank J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson for that.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote