Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Biggest apprehensions to FOTR and the other two

These are the things that keep me up nights wondering if they'll royaly screw-up this movie.

1. Arwen. I'll really miss the "You shall have neither me nor the ring!" at the end of the flight to the ford. This "Come and get him!" stuff I don't buy. I wish they would have stuck with the love story that Tolkien wrote for those two. It's really beautifull.

2.Sam Austin. I don't know if he can burst into tears at the drop of a hat. I hope that by him not calling Frodo "Master" that it doesn't interfere with the great loyalty that makes their companionship strong enough to carry the ring through Mordor.

3.Sauron getting impaled. What the ****!!! Are there any redeeming values to this?!??!

4.Lurtz. He does't look as Orcish as the other pictures I've seen (could be because he's made by Sauron and they all look like that). I just hope he dosen't have any huge monolgues or anything like that. And along with Lurtz I read that Sauron's Orcs were going to be birthed all "Alien" style - out of eggs. I saw that the sign for the Orcs is going to be a spider. I pray they don't try to make some connection between Orcs and Shelob.

5.The scouring of the Shire. If it's still going to be in ROTK then why kill off Sauron?

In any case I will thoughly enjoy watching these movies because I've decided to see them as stories in and of themselves that closley resemble a little story I once read called "Lord of the Rings"

So what do y'all think will ruin these movies?