Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
That's a very nice conclusion, R*an. Thank you.
You're welcome It certainly comes from my heart, and also from my mind (I've thought a lot about these things over the years).

Quote:
When Christianity is presented in the right light, I have to say I like it.
Good! I hope you keep thinking about it.

Quote:
Be careful about making overgeneralisations... But I agree that while not perfect, it would be better.
I'm not saying that everyone would want to, or even be able to only have sex in marriage, but that IF they DID, then those things would happen, and this is a way to evaluate whether something might be from a creator God or not. Which do you think would NOT happen, and why?

Quote:
That's nice. Unfortunately not true for all branches of Christianity, but nice.
If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about "branches of Christianity" - I would just go straight to the Bible (New Testament) and read it and ponder what it says and try to work whatever you find to be true and good into your life. And pray, too (which is just talking with God) - let Him know what you're thinking, and why, and ask Him to teach you what is right and true.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-08-2004 at 01:49 PM.