Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #11
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Have electors ever voted differently than for the one they were sent to vote for? That isn't the sort of thing I stake my hopes on.

Regardless, the fact remains that an allegation such as this MUST be investigated, no matter WHO wins:
Quote:
Werner Lange, a pastor from Youngstown, Ohio, who said in part:
“In precincts 1 A and 5 G, voting as Hillman Elementary School, which is a predominantly African American community, there were woefully insufficient number of voting machines in three precincts. I was told that the standard was to have one voting machine per 100 registered voters. Precinct A had 750 registered voters. Precinct G had 690. There should have been 14 voting machines at this site. There were only 6, three per precinct, less than 50 percent of the standard. This caused an enormous bottleneck among voters who had to wait a very, very long time to vote, many of them giving up in frustration and leaving. . . . I estimate, by the way, that an estimated loss of over 8,000 votes from the African American community in the City of Youngstown alone, with its 84 precincts, were lost due to insufficient voting machines, and that would translate to some 7,000 votes lost for John Kerry for President in Youngstown alone. . . .”
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote