Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2004, 12:13 PM   #1
Fenir_LacDanan
Elven Warrior

The re-hashing of OLD threads...

Perhaps it is just me, but I am noticing a massive number of old (by old, read before the last few years) threads, some of which have utterly no relevance. A good example of this lack of relevance can be found in the "considering closing the GM forum", thread. This question has been repeatedly denied by the admins, but the thread continues to surface. One even wonders why this thread hasn't been dealt the usual padlock for being useless and alike.
And note all the resurgance of the "remember the ole days (sic)" thread, as well as many others.

So why then, children? Why go back to old topics? I do know that some have at least a place in current discussion. But why this influx of ancient threads, threads that in most cases are better left dead?

Well, I have an idea. Perhaps the tight restrictions on posts and topics of posts has led mooters to delve back into the friendlier past, and driven them away from rash and bold new threads. But, before we nitpick, this is just an idea.

So, what are your ideas??