Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #11
matthew
Enting

Both candidates support a large military, and through back doors the military contractors can support them for it after their terms are over. Most Americans support a smaller military, however. In 1989, 60% of people wanted a 50% reduction in the military budget over five years. They realize that with the approximately 40% of the budget that America spends building nukes and helicopters, we could instead have a socialized health care system, better education, clean up the environment, and pay off the deficit AT ONCE!!!!!
Neither party wants this. Instead, they support the capitalist subsidy of the military contractors through taxes, and when we the people complain, they scare us into submission with a paper tiger (communism, terrorism).
The other issue is that the rich end up paying a smaller percent of taxes than the poor, which is simply wrong. The rich do not need all that money while people are starving, and they should pay more, not less, in taxes.
With these two simple expedients, we could get approximitely half of our budget back! Just think of the things that could be done with half our budget! A trillion dollars! Candy! Free health care! Anything we want! All we have to do is to get the 150 million Americans who do not vote into the voting booth, and we could have a trillion dollars to spend as we please!
Thats why I'm launching my 2028 presedential campaign. Spread the word! Vote Matthew and get free stuff! I already have a base of 31 fanatic supporters, so now's your chance to be #32! Bow down and worship me, your savior !!!

Flame me. Go ahead.

Matthew in 2028. One by one we're bringing them back.

Vote Nader.

Stop the hamster eaters!!!!

End global warming! Turn on the AC!!!

Gadzooks! Run!

Last edited by matthew : 10-13-2004 at 12:36 PM.