FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Interesting Lizra.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your brother... long ago as it was. Those kinds of things can impact us greatly. Do you think your brother's death shaped your beliefs?
No, my point in mentioning his death was that I had a complete sense of "my take" on death, even at that young age. Death being a final thing seemed obvious to me, so it was a sad time, but that's the way things went down. Wasn't much we could do! This life is as good as it gets IMO...do your best to make the most of it!

Gaffer....I do believe in truth, but I'm also fairly sure there are some smaller grey areas, where interpretation and circumstance can come into play. My mind is too crowded with "to do" lists right now to think of any good, clean examples. I'll go with 70% truth, and 30% relative circumstance. I see small grey shawdows around lots of the black and white in the world.

I remember tripping on acid as a teen, and my perceptions WERE totally altered for about half a day...but that did not change the truth that was the same as ever, after the drugs wore off.

I'm with BJ...I DO NOT have a "worldview"!

TD, the reason I feel this way is because of reality. Todays religions seem no different than the Greek or Roman myths. Those *stories* were pretty important stuff in their day...and now, just a bunch of stories.

Last edited by Lizra : 10-05-2004 at 04:32 PM.