Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

By land, air, and sea!

I have seen threads on "What if the Fellowship to a sea route?" "What if they went this way nto that way!?" I was wondering, and pardon me if this has ben brought up before, if it would have been easier to take a passage by air. As we all know by modern warfair, those whole rule the sky's rule the war. So if maybe one Elf, or one Hobbit, took to the back of Gwaihir, flew to the pinicale of Mt. Doom, and then cast the ring from there, would the war not be over sooner and safer? I understand the Nazgul would have their Fell beasts but in accordance with those Elrond and Co. could trick the eye's of Mordor as Aragorn did at the Black Gates.
As I see it, after the counsil of Elrond, Aragorn and Boromir would travel to Gondor and Rohan to gather a force, Gimli could return to Erabor, and Legolas to Mirkwood, they could muster a force to counter Mordor and Dul Guldur alng with Lorien and Imladris. Gondor/Rohan would be the main focus of attack for Mordor as was in the book but with all the peoples of ME acting as one it will keep all eyes off One hobbit, on One Eagle. Also the remaining eagle army could defend agasint the Nazgul and the Fell beasts.
Yet as I read my theory one strange question springs up in my mind, would Gwaihir have desired the ring? Could there have been a Eagle Lord of the Ring!? So... what do you think of this Airborne means of attack!? Could it work!? And what of Gwaihir?
Also feel free to discuse other means of getting the task done, as the title says, by land air and sea, so what other means sound like a better game plan!?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen

Last edited by Halbarad of the Dunedain : 09-28-2004 at 04:13 PM.