Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books > LOTR Discussion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #19
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
This part makes me wondered why Gandalf chose Frodo as a Ringbearer. Even though circumstance made Frodo the most convenient, Gandalf could have selected someone else, had he felt the need. Did Gandalf just have a good feeling about Frodo, which he doubts in this scene?
Where's that bit about how Gandalf thought Frodo was the best hobbit in the Shire? Is that in LOTR, or somewhere else?

Quote:
Maybe he only really felt like he could relax in Rivendell (and later Lothlorien), which is most likely very wise.
Yes, I got the feeling those were the only 2 places that Aragorn felt (and rightly) that he could relax. Poor guy! I hope Arwen made it worth it for him

Arty - Thanks for the Legolas quote - I had forgotten that one!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote