Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2004, 10:11 AM   #14
Master_Samwise
Hobbit

Location: Hobbiton (I'm really a Hobbit, I just look like a human, and live in the U.S.A. sometimes. However, at night, I sneek out and go to Hobbiton and live with my Hobbit friends. It's sorda wierd that I don't need sleep!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
Yes, and I admire your stance, Master Samwise. I'm sure your folks would understand your objection to cosmetics that have been tested on animals.

I disagree about the food industry. How many farms or factory farms or abattoirs get death threats from animal rights activities? How many have to cease operating because of the threat of violence? How many of their employees have threats against themselves and their families? That's what's been happening to scientists here lately.

I could go to an abattoir, and I would kill, skin and gut a lamb for myself if I was particularly hungry but a) I'd do it badly and b) someone else is prepared to do it for me so c) hooray for civilisation!
I admire you for being able to kill the meat you eat, and knowing what gose on and still having the stomach for it. I must say that you seem to be one of the more edgucated meat eaters there is. Many meat eaters don't know what gose on in factory farms and they try to keep on thinking that it's really okay that there eating something that was dead, and don't admit to themselves that at one point it really was alive and had feelings. For example, my brother thinks that animals don't have feelings, so I asked him why they cry when there hungry or get hurt, and he said it was a "natural reaction" or something like that, and that "they really can't fill the pain." Well, I could go on about the way that meat eaters in generel fill about meat, and how if you were to send them to a farm and ask them to kill there own animal for meat they probally couldn't do it.... but anyways, back onto the topic at hand...

I havn't heard about any of the death threats to scientists, but maybe I'm just missing it? It seems like something I would have run across in the past 7 months, maybe you could link me over to an artical about it?

PADFOOT LIVES!!! (stolen from Legoles)
Master_Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote