Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Project's End

The Silmarillion Project spanned a 2 1/2 year period from beginning to end. It inspired many to read the book, and those of us who had already read it, enhanced our understanding of this beautiful masterpiece to a greater level. Not only was the project enjoyable and informative, but beneficial to the forum, the board, and the members of this community.

I wish to thank all of those that participated in its success. Those that contributed to the discussion and especially those that gave their time to research and create the introductions to each chapter. Thank you for a job well done.

Most of all, I would like to extend a very special thank you to Maedhros for bringing the project to Entmoot and for working closely with me these past two years to keep it on schedule and running smoothly. It is his great devotion and love of Tolkien's works that inspired this project and the Lord of the Rings Project that is now taking place in the LotR forum. On behalf of myself and this community, thank you for a splended and informative experience.

NOTE- All chapters from the project have been moved to the project sub-forum. Please feel free to continue chapter discussion at anytime.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide