Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2004, 05:08 PM   #11
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
You're right. However, what I commented on was what you posted, and what you post is my business.

I never said you had ever defied moderator decisions or anything else. and yes, I remember when you PMd me in support. what does that have to do with this? It was my opinion that what you said wasn't polite. Am I not allowed to have an opinion, either because it differs from yours, or because staff shouldn't?
When I said "it's none of your business" I was giving a caveat to my explanation of my intial post. I chose to respond because I wanted to clarify, not because I felt there was anything wrong with your response. You seem to think that I was commenting on your right to respond. I wasn't. But in looking back at my second post I can see why you might think that. The 'business' comment was connected to a comment on the fact of your posting.
Quote:
Either way, it's really none of your business, though it is interesting that you felt compelled to comment
I did not mean to imply a relationship between the two, but the sentence is ambiguous. This was due to sloppiness on my part. 'Either way' is clearly connected with the preceding thought but is easily confused with the second , admitally 'flip', half (which to my mind was unrelated as I wrote it).

To sum up:
1. I don't feel there was anything wrong with your comment.
2. I chose to respond for the purpose of clarity.
3. I failed.
4. I'm sorry.