Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #17
katya
Elven Maiden

What genre of music is your favorite? both rock and classical

At what age did you start really getting interested in music? pre-teen years. I was really it it. What type of music were you raised on? I was raised by my dad on good rock (pink floyd, talking heads, etc. not to mention david bowie, especially "The Laughing Gnome"!) and my mom on stuff like The Cranberries and Joni Mitchell (sp.?)

How often do you attend a concert? I used to a few times in the summer, now not very often at all- maybe once or twice a year

Do you admire Beethoven? (yes or no) yes

Do you admire the Beatles? yes, but I don't like their music

How often do you listen to Classical Music? I go through phases, but probably at least once a week. do you like it? of course!

Has your music tastes changed over the last five/ten years? (or any number of years) Yeah. Lesse, 5 years ago...I was probably just starting to explore my own bands as opposed to just what I knew from my mom. I was pretty into Third Eye Blind, I think.

What do you think of Norah Jones? do you like the jazzy flavor of her music? I love jazz, and I admire NJ a little bit, but I can't really get into her music.

Which do/would you like better, Rock or Pop? rock, no contest

Who is your favorite musician/band? That one's really tough for me, especially it's hard to pick between classical musicians and rock bands.

In your opinion, is music better now than it was back in the 70's 80's 90's? (I'm probably talking about rock here....) It's hard for me to say, since I was so young, but I think rock music isn't getting much better....

Do you think that Led Zeppelin was influenced by Tolkien for some of their songs? of course.

Do you play an instrument?/which instrument? yes, piano. I really like piano. I also played clarinet for 5 years in band, but I didn't really like it that much. I can play some simple guitar tunes.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote