Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

breathalizing high school students

At my school before any school dance they are breathalizing every single student to see if we have been involved in underage drinking. they are testing each and every student before we are allowed in.
in my opinion this is a violation of my constitutional right to privacy and the American belief that people are innocent until proven guilty.
breathalizing us on the way in doesnt make any sense anyway. they (the shcool board) claim they are breathalizing us because they dont want us driving under influence, well then turning us away at the door to find our own ride home doesnt seem like the best way to go. they should test us all on the way out if they are going to.
i have no problem with being breathalized if i was showing signs of intoxication because that would be probable cause and it would give them a reason to breathalize me.
but i refuse to have my right to privacy stripped from me, so i am now boy cotting all school dances.

are other high schools taking similar actions to try to stop underage drinking? anyone have any views on this topic?

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote