Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
Yes. What you think of as "physical" matter is merely a universal construct created by your brain to explain the negative repulsion of frezons...
And why should I accept your opinion? Do you have supporting evidence?

Quote:
It does not have "existence" whatsoever without an observer.
Unless you wish to argue that everything is an illusion (in which case I'll leave you happily alone) then it's logically necessary that SOMETHING must be self-existent, whether it's God or the mass of something that supposedly the universe came from. God would quality as an observer; the mass of something wouldn't, so can I conclude that if there's no God then there is no matter?

Quote:
Observer necessity is built into the universe. Without an observer point, all the math built around our understanding of physics would collapse and become meaningless. However referring to it as an agent implies action, which is NOT required or specified. All that "existence" requires is possibility and an observer. When those two "interact" then "reality" is the result.
If by your previous statement, "All god [supreme being, azathoth, what have you] ever created was possibility.", you count "god [supreme being, azathoth, what have you]" as an observer, then I can agree with you.

I did NOT imply action at all; you're wrong there. You can call my "agent" your "observer", if you would like to. No difference to me.

Quote:
More's the pity, I don't think you grasped the relevance of the statement(s). As for pointing out the faulty thinking, I'm sort of waiting for that to happen.... You posited the possibility of faulty thinking, but I have yet to observe it, therefore I am led to the conclusion that this "faulty thinking" has no existence.
You seemed to be saying that ALL that existed was "possibility". If that's so, then I disagree - I considered that faulty thinking and explained why. If that's NOT so, then I misunderstood your brief sentence. But now with your "observer" addition, as I said above, I can agree with you.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 05-19-2004 at 05:29 PM.