Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2004, 12:24 AM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
You will notice that my posts are generally against the administration, NOT the people. And you move to where you are most suited, right? Which is why I'd want to move to a more 'liberal' state.
It's not just this adminstration you have a problem with though. You surely don't forget the very anti-american articles you used to post. Let me refresh your memory - it usually involved when you were trying to condemn the evils of israel too.

Quote:

I don't think the UN is perfect. From from it. It's bogged down with bureaucracy. However, it happens to be the only world forum we have at the moment, so I'll got with what we've got. If something better comes along - then I'll go with that.
As I think the the US government is the best in the world. Maybe not perfect - but our Constitution has gone through many hardships and survived for 200 years.

Quote:

Well, I don't, and I don't think it's very fair for you to accuse me of doing so. I have said - repetitively - what I DO like about the US. I'm not going to list them again, as it's there in my posts to be freely read.
I would like to see some proof - not just talk. When you start criticizing more than just the US - start starting threads that criticize more than just the US - maybe I should believe you.

Quote:

And you have the gall to call me snide. Nice one, JD. I posted that for a bit of levity, but since it's clear that you've painted me as some bad-ass Sauron who gets joy from watching people dying, and being be-headed.... Ah, why do I bother?
I don't know - you sort of left yourself open for that. You could have had yourself be Gondor - but of course the White Tower of Gondor is where the US resides.
Quote:

I wash my hands of this pointless dialogue. I will continue to dislike the bush administration, and I will continue to like my American friends, and listen to my favourite American tunes, and catch the Friends/Frasier finals regardless of what you think, so it doesn't really matter. ::shrug::
The thing is - it isn't only the Bush adminstration you dislike. You have disdain for the CIA and you make snide comments about our government in general - such as on the first page where you said any other problems would be just swept under the rug. Bush makes up only one branch of our government - but you seem to hate all of it.

By the way - you sound just like Chirac in an interview he gave to show he wasn't anti-American. The difference is - he said "well I love fast food, I always gain several pounds when I come back from the US".

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-18-2004 at 12:28 AM.