Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2004, 09:43 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
*sigh* The important thing to learn from this debacle is that apparently some members of the US army are culpable of not adhering to the GC. This is not a reflection on the whole US army, nor a reflection upon the American people. HOWEVER, it goes without saying, that this is not an isolated matter, nor is it restricted to a few low-ranking 'hillbillies' (as evidenced by Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay).
As evidenced by Guantanamo Bay? ASs evidenced by Afganistan? Do you have proof of abuse there? Where is the proof of it not being an isolated matter? Too bad you don't put the same questioning and condemnation toward the UN about the underhanded deals as you do about the US. But hey - you have made it perfectly clear you do not trust the US whatsoever.
Quote:

Also: consider what they did to the prisoners. Consider the notion of cultural differences. Whilst we westerners may not think much of being paraded around naked, and forced to simulate sex, or rape (!), it is something else altogether to a muslim people. (though, I would argue that being hooded, and forced to strip naked, and enduring sexual force would be something that most of you wouldn't want occurring to yourselves.) And even if you don't believe that the high numbers posted by the Red Cross are true, even so, SOME of these prisoners are innocent. Some innocents would have been subjected to being sodomised, raped, stripped of both their clothes and dignity. And before you go on about so-called intelligence pointing to their guilt, remember this: Colin Powell has had to come forward more than once to rescind previous intelligence leading to the Iraq war. (link) There is supposedly footage of a man being forced to bash himself against the wall. Another of someone being forced to sodomise himself with a broom. Is this better than being beheaded? Really?
I'm not sure - did you bother to SEE the beheading? You talk about supposed pictures of such and such happening - but i can show you damned video of the sawing off of berg's head and then you tell me which is worse.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide