Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Calling all Conservatives...

Well I’ve moved this from the “Soldiers horrifically abuse Iraqis” thread so it doesn’t get swamped by the pace of that thread (and at the suggestion of others). Here it is all nice and spell checked now :

To the Republican/Bush supporters out there I have a genuinely serious question. How has the past month or so (the prison scandal and the reaction of the pres and Rummsfield and company, the Berg killing, the various other things that have been going on in Iraq) affected your concern over how the current administration is handling affairs:

1. It’s only strengthened my opinion that Bush is handling things the right way and well.
2. It hasn’t affected my opinion one way or another.
3. My opinion on how the administration is handling this has taken a hit but by no means am I going to bail out on them let alone even condemn it.
4. I’ve had some serious second thoughts on things recently. But I’m not quite sure if it’s gone so far as to change my point of view fundamentally.
5. I’ve grown seriously cynical on the whole affair and horribly disappointed. I don’t think the current administration really has control over the situation as I used to. And perhaps I’m even thinking about not voting for Bush or at least not voting at all.
6. I’m so affected by this that I have decided to change my vote.

Just genuinely curious. No agendas to make here. No tricks. Just wondering how it’s affected those who have been supporters of the current administration. And if none of those choices quite do the trick then feel free to alter the one most closely along the lines of your own. Or say "I’m between 3 and 4" or something like that.

Val if you want to just cut and paste what you already said in the other thread that’s cool. I didn’t want to do it for you in case you wanted to elaborate further on this now. And note the question itself is really for current or former administration supporters but the thread is open to anyone that has a comment based on the opinions themselves.

I guess what I’m trying to figure out is has the drop we’ve seen in the polls recently for Bush tied directly to this episode and does it include former bush supporters who no longer support him or is it more middle of the road types or previously undetermined voters who have now been affected enough to be actively against the practices of the current administration. So there’s the standard full disclosure. Fire away.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote