Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
There are no "obvious species change[s]" that are observable on the macroevolution level, but we've already been thru that.

I'm curious: what were your feelings on these 'archaic' hominid finds again? Do you feel that God created them separately? What? (sorry, can't quite remember if you've mentioned hominids or not.)

Quote:
Well, you just proved my point - it seems that you agree that things in the past cannot be tested, since you said "Two Theories that cannot be tested". And I agree that there is more historical credibility that Julius was an emperor, and it is reasonable for most people to believe that, even tho there is no scientific test, because it's in the past.
History IS a science. Not all science methodologies involve observation in a field per se. And wouldn't evolution be more akin to Julius Caesar? - since you can draw parallels between textual references to the Caesar, and fossil evidence. There is NO evidence of Donald Duck being an Emperor of Rome contemporaneous to that time period. There is however, a trend towards change in the hominid species. You may not believe/interpret that to be evolution, but you can't say that the evidence is non-existent either. You personally just choose to 'buy into' creationism over the Theory of Evolution.