Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2004, 12:23 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
as is genetics....

Ohfergoodnesssakes!

Pardon me while I go off and have a good laugh at MYSELF ....

*walks away*
*sounds of uproarious laughter heard*
*returns with a red and rueful face*

OK, well, so I'm not as good a writer as I thought. I kinda thought I was a bit of a good writer, but seriously, GM, if you thought you had to instruct me about those things, then it's clear I'm NOT getting a big point across that I thought was pretty obvious.

Honestly, for you to write what you did, this is what you must think I'm suggesting - destroy all labs, tell everyone to go home, set up one answering machine under the listing "SCIENCE", and set up the recording to play "God did it!" when it's called.

*sigh*

OF COURSE science is based on the assumption of stable, observable natural laws! If they weren't, then we really WOULD just have to do the scenario above, except change the recording to "give it up, you fool!" (and the recording wouldn't work, anyway, without stable natural laws).

What THIS thread is talking about is creationism/evolutionism. And creationism says there is ONE, INITIAL act of divine creation, which would of course include setting up natural laws, and then things are turned loose to operate under those natural laws and also under free-will choices (subject to natural laws).

Creationism ALSO assumes observable, stable natural laws. The only difference between the two is the initial conditions. Cr. says that an intelligent, powerful God set things up, including natural laws. Ev. says there's only natural laws behind things.

And in most of those fields you mentioned, they can observe and measure things in the present.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!