Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #33
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
But then why didn't he just say so when my husband asked him "why do you want to know?" If he was really looking for a cop, he would have said something then.
why do you assume that? we dont know his reasons for asking for a cop. it seems odd that if his intent was simply to intimidate a random stranger that he would say something like are you a cop. of all the things to say. my guess is he had seen someone like your husband before in some situation involving himself and others where it was clear they were a police officer (maybe at his school? maybe in his neighborhood? maybe at some mall or at this same thearter?) and simply wanted to blow his cover by outing him in front of his friends and strangers who may be looking. Picking out a larger individual would certainly make sense if he WAS truly thinking your husband was a cop. When your husband reacted the way he did the kid suddenly realized he didnt really have a plan on how to react at that point and backed down. He became intimidated and suddenly doubtful and instead of challenging him decided well maybe I was wrong. What do I do now??

Ive seen "young punk" teens in malls hounding the security guards and such. To a lot of them if you are on a well known basis with the local authorities its like a badge of honor. So they go out of their way to tease or give them a hard time so they can say yeah I know that cop/I know that security guy. Hes busted me a few times cool huh. Just approaching your husband as a random stranger to give him a hard time by saying something as random as hey are you a cop seems less likely to me.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote