Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 PM   #23
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Janny
Okay, I'm not saying large scale, I'm saying significant proportion. Read, minority. But they exist. The people burning the Union Jack outside Regent's Park mosque and preaching their hatred against the Queen and the police and Mr. Blair and the government in general are third generation.
There were people arrested in Crawley near London and although they remain innocent 'til proven guilty, they were found with 600kg of Ammonium Nitrate fertiliser. These 5 men are third generation.
Ok Im still having a hard time visualizing this. A hand full of criminals? (because thats what they are by definition: criminals if they are plotting to kill and blow things up) Well I can certainly see that. But an entire wave of immigrants? Hard to imagine. Seems to me the easy answer is simply to arrest those that do violent things be they immigrants fresh off the boat or proper brits who can trace their roots back to the mesolithic. The issue of whether they are immigrants or not shouldnt enter into it.

As far as burning the flag well what do you say to non-immigrant brits who burn the flag? you know all the super green left wing types who want anarchy and despise Bush and Blair and the WTO and all that? Do you look at them with the same disgust? In america you dont see immigrants burning flags really. But you do see some americans doing it because we have this free speech thing and all and every loud mouth green peacer thinks they need to make their point by building puppets and burning flags and such. But its never been an immigrant problem. The ironic thing is the VAST vast majority of those immigrants of middle east decent in america are quite happy to be in this country. Even with all thats been going on in the world the past few years (and even under Bush) they are still happy here where they are. They know they are better off most likely. And they ARE assimilating. Its like the pull of the under toe. It just happens despite yourself.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote