Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
That was an extreme time. There had to be some scheme to get people to become christian then.
When Jesus did miracles, he almost always specifically told the people to let no one know what had been done for them.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
We don't live in as desperate a time now. We have enough evidence now for people to believe, I think there would be more of a reason for there not to be miracles... well not that type. People need faith. If it was made obvious by healing miracles, there would be no need for faith because it would be apparent that it were true.
Actually, you still would need faith. It's my belief that the faith aspect most strongly comes after the conversion- or that is how it has played out in my own experience. Before I met the Lord, I was incredibly afraid to set up an appointment for a meeting with him. I felt a need for him, but I didn't have the courage to ask for a date. I was afraid that my house of cards would be knocked down, and I would find out that God didn't exist.

Therefore, because I was too afraid to reach out to him, he reached out to me. I didn't have faith in him, sufficient for the meeting. He worked with me anyway. He came and spoke to me, and I learned that he exists.

Since then, I have had to walk in faith, trusting in God to look after me, to have a plan for all the events in my life, etc. This walking in faith for me is the real difficulty. It is dotted with miraculous incidents, witnessing prayers answered and God incessantly faithful. Isn't it crazy how faithless we humans can be?
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote